Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm An Animal.


Love is born in smoke. Love is born in coffee shops.

I realized I find it many times more rewarding to have a deep conversation with a stranger, than it is to have one with a close friend.
Soon I'll figure out why, and I'll post it here. I want to have a 'turning point' in my life, some event of such importance that it completely throws off the intergalactic balance, shakes the Earth's core, and makes it snow in the middle of June. Everything I want to do with my life, involves affecting other people's lives.

I don't think I'd do very well on a deserted island.

In fourth grade, I think it was, our class read The Cay. I want to read it again. it was about a desert island, and a boy who goes blind. Though, surprisingly, only for the duration of his time on the island. How incredibly inconvenient.

I smoked a cigarette today.

I like the way the paper always burns a little faster than the tobacco. I realized I don't really like smoking during the day as much as I like smoking at night. I don't like smoking with people I know as much as I like smoking by myself in a crowded place. I don't like people who smell like cigarettes as much as I like the smell of cigarettes being smoked.

Ending statement:
I kind of wish I still believed that teachers just crawled under their desks at night and slept there. I kind of wish I still believed a lot of things.

Post-script;
Skepticism sucks.

Post-post-script;
But I don't really believe that statement to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment